I am the Resurrection and the Life
John 11:1-27 (KJV)
1. Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
2. It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
3. Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
4. When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
5. Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
6. When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.
20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27. She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
Rise From the Dead and Live Forever
Lazarus who died four days and was buried. He must have smelled because there was no formalin at that time. But Jesus said that He is the resurrection and the life.
Whoever believes in Him will live even if he is dead. Not only that, but whoever believes then he will live and live forever.
We die worldly but if we believe in Jesus, we will live forever.
It is a miracle that we can live a thousand years, a million years, that is a wonderful thing and only Jesus can do it.
Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?
Just as Jesus asked Peter, “Who do you think I am?” And Peter said, “You are the Messiah Son of God.” Peter knew personally who the real Lord Jesus was. So it was with Marta. Marta said: “O Lord, I believe that You are the Messiah, the Son of God, He who will come into the world.” Martha also knew personally who the Lord Jesus was.
Therefore believe in Jesus, He is the Messiah. He is the Son of God. He who created the heavens and the earth. He created us, but He can also infiltrate us into hell if we remain in sin. He is in power upon our lives.
Believe in Jesus
Do you believe this? Martha replied, “Oh my God I believe.”
Lazarus resurrected after four days, only with the Word of the Lord Jesus. He is God and He is not only able to heal our sickness, but He is also able to bring us to the Father’s house in heaven forever.
So just as Martha said I believe that You are the Son of God, let us get rid of our distrust and anxiety of our hearts. Let us believe in Jesus. Anyone who believes in Jesus will not die but live forever. Let us come to the Lord Jesus. He will come into our hearts and make us redeemed as new creatures.
He, Jesus, He is eternal and everlasting, He is the Son of God. Believe in the Lord Jesus, the Son of God. Do not look at our pain and cry but remember Jesus and believe in Him, then our sickness will be healed and we will be saved.
Source : Rev. Jacob Sumbayak, KPPI August 25th, 2016