Rise and Walk
Word of God is taken from John 5:1-9
1. After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
7. The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
Waiting for 38 Years
At the edge of the Bethesda pool, there was someone who had been an invalid for 38 years, but still waiting for healing miracle for him. There were many sick people there, but that day Jesus came only to the 38-year paralyzed man.
At the time Jesus found, the man had faith to be healed. Despite 38 years of illness, this man still believed that at any time he would surely be recovered. 38 years is not a short time. This person continued to be patient waiting with trust. It could be for 38 years his family no longer accompany but he remained faithful.
How Long We Have Been Waiting?
What do you expect at this moment? Do you hope a God’s servant or God who comes to you? Expect God to come to you.
The coming and the presence of God makes miracles. Miracles will take place and we will know ourselves. We who are sick and desperate will be restored by God.
How long do we wait? How long do we get sick? Do we still hope in God? If we keep on expecting to God, that hope will not disappoint. The paralyzed man remained faithful and had a good response.
Finally Jesus came in the midst of his life. God came, the Lord came to him and said do you want to get well?
That man only said “Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.”
Jesus said to him “Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.”
At that moment he had been healed and he lifted up his mat and walked.
Believe in God
Will you believe in Him? Be faithful then your faith will be answered by God. Do not give up. If He is present then miracles will surely occur. Just as Jesus approached the paralyzed man. Lift up your heart and believe in Him.
Expect Him to come to you. Give your heart and life to Him, believe in Him. Dedicate your life as a sacred offering to Him. Put your trust in God, then He will be present and come into your heart and He will be your personal Lord and Savior.
If we come with condition of many problems but we come by bringing an offering of our lives and hearts to God, God will change the condition.
Believe in Him. He will heal us. Do not be afraid.
Source : Rev. Jacob Sumbayak, KPPI July 28th, 2016