Jesus is The Source of Living Water
John 4:5-26 (KJV)
5. Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6. Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9. Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
11. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12. Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
15. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
16. Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
17. The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
18. For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
19. The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
The Woman Who Had a Devastated Life
Jesus introduced Himself to a woman of Samaria, that He is the Eternal Water Spring. Jesus showed His power. He could know everything about this woman’s life. She was a Samaritan woman whose life was as dry as the dried ground. This woman was destroyed in her marriage and her life. She had five husbands and furthermore who was with her was not her husband. She was thirsty of an affection, but she had never got it in her life.
Jesus is the Source of Living Water
This Samaritan woman was very amazed and knew who to expect to get the living water, that was to the Lord Jesus who is the Source of Living Water and the Messiah.
She might not be a worthy person but she would come to humble herself before God. She asked what was right, asked for the living water to Jesus, and Jesus said to her that He is the Living Water, and whoever has Jesus will be like spring which continues radiating to eternity. He/she will not be thirsty forever. The Living Water will satisfy completely and forever.
Ask for the Right One
What do you need? Ask Jesus’ life, ask Jesus Himself to come into your heart. Will you come to Jesus? Just like the woman of Samaria, who knew her dried and miserable life, but she knew to ask for the truth. She asked for the Living Water, the Lord Jesus Himself to come into her life.
Ask for the Living Water, ask for the life of Jesus, not only His blessings, not only His healing, but the Living Water. Ask for the eternal life. Will you come to Jesus and believe in Jesus, just as the Samaritan woman who believed in Jesus.
Believe in Jesus
There is no prayer that God does not hear. Come to God to receive God’s blessings, receive God’s grace with trust. A prayer which is raised by believing, there will be no obstacle. If we pray with confidence, we will surely be healed. Because God is so close. Believe in Jesus, do not worry and do not believe in yourself. Nothing is stronger than Jesus. Pray with hope and trust in the Lord Jesus. In the Father’s house there are many places, even though we are in the world but we are not orphans.
Source : Rev. Jacob Sumbayak, KPPI July 15th, 2016